Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crybaby...


Oh! Somebody I don't know actually took a sec to read my last blog. Thanks! I always wonder how people find each other here. Anyway, I thought I should follow up by saying I'm not really upset about what happened or didn't happen. Not any more. And I don't mean to insult Pete Wentz or FOB just for the sake of being a bitch. I never liked their music even way before this whole situation. Not that it's their fault I didn't get what I wanted out of this game. Whatever I say or write is going to annoy people and make them think less of me, I'm going to blame Asperger Syndrome for that!

Anyway, like I said, I'm pretty much over it now. After a little online whining and muttering a few choice words under my breath, I soon forget about my troubles, most of the time. I am still a little jealous of people who participated in some of the other events. Today, for instance, at the pet store, people got a free t-shirt like the one Hurley wears in the show. The "I ♥ my Shi-Tzu" shirt. Which, I think, is pretty neat.

I also found out yesterday that not everyone who goes to one of these events gets a treat. And I assumed that some did when they really did not. So I'm clear on that now. However, I craved the experience of gathering with other LOST fanatics and looking for a piece of the puzzle more than any trinket. And to be completely honest, right around this time last week I did remember that the dcaapb website tells us there won't always be a physical location--sometimes just another website. I really did not want that to apply to my own situation, though! I will always wish that I could have been more involved in the part of this game that took place in my hometown. But you can't always get what you want!

It is cool that so far, I've collected every poster and even got a few with LOST numbers on them (408, 142, 239 and so on). I REALLY don't want to sound unappreciative. People who don't know me well don't understand how therapeutic it is for me to bitch and moan about stuff that bothers me, even for just 5 minutes. Let me whine, get it out of my system and then I will be the nicest person. 'Cause sometimes, we Aspies....venting about our frustrations is all we can do. The world just doesn't understand us, we don't understand ourselves. All I know is that I'm annoyed. Blogging helps me figure things out. And nobody's making you read it.

I think what TPTB is doing with these posters is awesome and I am glad to be able to own these prints and yes, to be "the envy of other LOSTIES", who missed out on buying them all, lol. This is going to be MY thing, you know, like...some people have all the character's autographs, some people have those little plastic dolls, some write blogs on every episode, etc etc. I want to be one of the few who owns the whole set of posters. So far, so good.

About that, I agree with Monica, "Let me have my fun". My husband totally made me feel like a dork when I told him about possibly being involved in the game and my excitement about the whole thing. These posters are so special to me but he seems to enjoy poo-pooing everything I obsess over. Don't get me wrong, he's a great husband. Very sweet most of the time. But he tends to make fun of what he doesn't understand. And he gives me such a hard time about all the LOST "junk" I've collected over the years. He really made me feel stupid about wanting the posters. It's not like I don't go without all kinds of cool stuff for the sake of my family. And as long as I can afford the posters, I'm going to keep buying them.

Besides, I don't just buy any and every piece of crap with a dharma logo stamped onto it. As an artist, I can see the value in these prints even if I don't love each and every one. So far, Locke's Secret is my favorite and I HATE Locke. $50 a pop is a bargain, because to me, the whole set will be priceless.

I can't say it enough...I LOVE LOVE LOVE this game, regardless of its flaws, the lack of freebies at every event, the spoiled urls, even the stupid "backdoor url" discovery. I AM grateful for this opportunity, for TPTB who do so much for us fans, for the artists who share their work this way, for everybody on LOSTargs and Spoiler Tv who share their findings and photos and thoughts with me and everyone else... I've been a devoted fan for 4 years, played all the games, own gobs of LOST paraphernalia, have been following this game since before it even became a game, wasted countless hours blogging the episodes, chatting, theorizing, blah blah blah. I have earned the right to complain once in a while. I don't regret any time I've devoted to LOST, not in this or any other game. Even my bad experience with TG has turned into more of an inside joke that I find really amusing.

I still think that we North Texas were somewhat jilted, but it's only a minor snag. That's it. No more. I'm moving on to something else now. Promise.

No comments: