Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm a Pisces

Happy Birthday Hugo Reyes! Since I'm hardcore, I already knew today was his birthday. But I checked Lostpedia to be sure. According to those guys, he's 28, born in 1982. I have to dispute that since his birth year was kinda blurry, we saw it flash briefly on-screen while he was being released from "L.A. County lock-up" in The Incident, Pt. 1. If he was born in 1982, that would make him a "Dog" according to the Chinese zodiac. I guess that would be appropriate, there are a couple important dogs on the show. But if he'd been born a year later, that would've made him a "Boar" according to the zodiac, and that would have been more appropriate because there are boar on the Island as well. Okay, I know that didn't make any sense and why does it matter anyway? It's the Western zodiac that gets more references in the show, Claire talking to Kate about Gemini and star charts in early Season 1. And by the way, John Locke is also a Gemini.

Ben lies to Flocke in Season 5 and says "I'm a Pisces". Nope, he's a Sagittarius. I have another dispute with Lostpedia about his birthdate, which I still say is 12-21-63. But why argue about a fictional person's fake birthday?

Okay, I was so cold last night and so alert, I just couldn't get to sleep. So I thought I'd go out on a limb and make some predictions for tonight's episode. It's called...The Lighthouse.

Since today is his birthday, I think the episode will be Hurley-centric.


Off Island/Alt Timeline:

He's married to Libby and they have kids, but his mom is deceased and his dad is trying to scam him out of money. Hugo says he's the luckiest guy alive and he seems happy, but there has to be a catch just like there is with John Locke.

If this episode isn't about Hurley, then it's gotta be about Jack. We haven't really seen anything about is Alt. Timeline life, and he's a very important character.

On Island, I think we're going to find out how Smocke thinks he can get off the island. Where is his "home"? I think he's an alien.

I think we're going to find out that Smocke & Jacob are twin brothers, Good Twin and Bad Twin.

Adam and Eve were their parents.

I think Smocke and Jacob are still little kids, children with way too much power. They could be like those kids from Race to Witch Mountain, they just want to get home. Except in this case, one of the kids is very good and one is very bad.

Richard's going to find a portrait of himself and when he looks at it, the portrait version of himself will look young and handsome again whilst Richard himself will disintegrate into a pile of dust.

Smocke & Sawyer & Claire & Jin will, for some reason, travel to another location on the island by canoe. During this time, they'll encounter Past Sawyer, Juliet, Miles, Daniel and Charlotte, also traveling in a canoe just ahead. Sawyer's going to try to shoot his past self so he won't be around to convince Juliet to stay on the island (because he wants to save her). But we know it doesn't work :(

What's Clousseau going to do to Jin? I don't think we have to worry about her shooting him. But will Jin turn to the Dark Side? I say YES.

I also think that since Sayid has been, for the past 5 seasons, inherently evil--in fact, I think he was born that way--perhaps this "infection" will turn him good? My son suggested that he would now begin to "solve everyone's problems with love & kindness" and little children and puppies would start following him around. How can someone become even more evil than Sayid already is? So I do think it's possible that The Sickness will have the opposite effect on that guy.

Or maybe there IS no Sickness. But why listen to Radzinsky?


See you on the Other side.

No comments: